Before you go untangling those Christmas lights, maybe you aught to check out a few articles posted today on the RIT news website. Two articles should help you out. One gleans tips from an RIT economics proff about how best to avoid the post-Christmas buyer’s remorse. The second deals with the guy you’ll probably want to listen to more closely: the psychology proff, who offers tips to not, you know, go bat-shit insane.
Among the more helpful hints:
- Pay cash instead of using credit cards.
- Do not use service cards (really: don’t ever use them, period)
- Have some flexibility. Don’t expect everything to go as planned
- Keep your perspective broad.
- The brandy is behind the cookies, third cabinet from the left.
That last one was from memory… may not have actually been in either article..