As we focus in on the upcoming elections and get ready to ask local pols about the issues that matter to us in the science and technology community, I figured it was worth putting together a quick list of the local elections in Monroe County. Feel free to ask your questions of your local candidates, directly!
The thing that stands out to me in this list is the number of unopposed candidates in local elections and how very red that list of unopposed candidates is.
- 55th District – Ted O’Brien (D) vs. Sean Hanna (R)
- 54th District – Michael Nozzolio (R) unopposed
- 56th District – Joseph Robach (R) unopposed
- 133rd District – Randolph Weaver (D) vs. Bill Nojay (R)
- 134th District – Bill Reilich (R) unopposed
- 135th District – David Koon (D) vs. Marc Johns (R)
- 136th District – Joe Morelle (D) unopposed
- 137th District – David Gantt (D) vs. Jose Cruz (D) vs. John Lightfoot (D) vs. Andrew Langdon (G)
- 138th District – Harry Bronson (D) vs. Peterson Vasquez (R)
- 139th District – Stephen Hawley (R) unopposed
- Susan Vandervoort (D) vs. Cheryl Dinolfo (R)
2 replies on “Science Debates: the local races”
Joe Morelle is a Democrat, unless he recently changed parties.
Doh!! Copy and paste, much? I’m correcting it now…